SkatePerception
32GNU

Free Sorenson/qtp Alternative

[quote name='starbait45' post='1649015' date='Apr 17 2007, 11:32 PM']since this program doesn't take .wmv (even if its avi) will i have to recapture my stuff into a different program?[/quote]

Probably.

[quote name='itsgottabe' post='1650060' date='Apr 18 2007, 03:59 PM']how do i see if it actually compressed it
like the size of the file[/quote]

It should say somewhere on your computer. Like right click on the file of the clip and hit "properties". It should tell you there.

[quote name='itsgottabe' post='1687474' date='May 7 2007, 08:22 PM']why is mine taking so long
it takes like 5 min
is that normal[/quote]

depends on length/size of original clip

Guest captain beefheart
can someone find the 1.0 version, because the 1.1 version is the only one the squared5.com has on their site and it doesnt open .avi files....

can anyone help tell me how to actually get the export settings window open?

when i got to compress it it says theres an error and it dosent support mpeg2 files and that i ahve to uninstall quicktime and reinstall it or somthing?

[quote name='impy12891' post='2231217' date='Mar 8 2008, 04:36 PM']when i got to compress it it says theres an error and it dosent support mpeg2 files and that i ahve to uninstall quicktime and reinstall it or somthing?[/quote]

you most likely just need to uninstall w.e quicktime u have right now and reinstall the latest version form somewere. I had the same problem but I just did that and whala.......................

this seems to be more of a converter.

When i try and export an uncompressed montage i get horrible file sizes, like 80mb. Ive tried several different settings and it doesnt come out. Does anyone have any good settings to get low mb and keep quality?

I seem to be having the same problem as alot of other people. When I use any compressor like H.264 and export to AVI, I get nothing but audio. I have tried to reinstall the program a bunch of times. I even try to use different clips, all with the same results. I asked this question in Post Production and got, "looks like you need another program", but I find it hard to believe the program just hates me. And it worked for me awhile ago and then all the sudden it just crapped out on me.

[quote name='Its rob' post='2255251' date='Mar 21 2008, 01:13 PM']wow thanks alot.
QT Pro blows.[/quote]

you are an idiot for thinking qt pro blows,
its the most legit compressor in the world haha

EXPORT TO QUICKTIME

h.263 encoder
100% quality [b]ALWAYS[/b]
MPEG-4 AAC - Stereo - 44.1 kHz - 256 kbps
320 x 240 (personal preference)
24fps (frame rate)
Frame Blending [x]
Better Downscaling [x]
Deinterlace Video [x]
Upper Field First

ADJUSTMENTS:
Saturation: 150.1

[quote name='nickgoesr0aor' post='2428244' date='Jun 19 2008, 10:13 AM']thanks babe[/quote]
you got it hun

[quote name='chris.chapman' post='3790924' date='Feb 6 2011, 01:18 AM']EXPORT TO QUICKTIME

h.263 encoder
100% quality [b]ALWAYS[/b]
MPEG-4 AAC - Stereo - 44.1 kHz - 256 kbps
320 x 240 (personal preference)
24fps (frame rate)
Frame Blending [x]
Better Downscaling [x]
Deinterlace Video [x]
Upper Field First

ADJUSTMENTS:
Saturation: 150.1[/quote]

I use a macbook and vx1k. If I render with these settings after rendering out of FCE and it looks the same/worse, I'm going to kill myself. My life is in your hands <_<